
Remember when I ran the 10k on the 10th virtual race back in April? Then I found out that I ran it in the wrong stinking month? Well, the actual race was Saturday. I love a good virtual race and Nancy is the finest race director you ever did see so I decided to give it a go again! I actually ran on Sunday because that was the day for my last long run before the half marathon. I ran 10.1 but checked my time at 6 and pretended I was done for the next 4 miles! At 6 miles, I was at 49:43. I have no idea why I didn't check at 10k, I think I had 6 miles in my head, not 6.2. Having said that, I have no idea what my "official" time was for this race. My time in April was 54:34 so this one was probably pretty close to the same.
It was a pretty good day for a long run, a bit windy, but nice and cool which I always appreciate. The rain held off until I was rounding the corner at the end of my street so I only had to deal with it for a few minutes. It was kind of scary thinking that I was running my last long run before the big day, but exciting at the same time. I finished the 10.1 in 1 hour, 27 minutes. I felt like I was running the hills incredibly slow so I was happy to see that time when I got home.
My hat goes off to you again Nancy for organizing this month's virtual race! As usual, it helped me get out the door and hit the pavement with a smile on my face thinking about all the other bloggers out there doing the same!!
1 comment:
Great work!! Thanks for running with us (again!) ha!!
Nanc
Post a Comment