
Nancy has done it again! She has organized another virtual race, this time, 10k on the 10th. She has no idea just how much she helps people like me stay motivated! I decided to do my 10k on the 9th because that was my day to do 5 anyway so why not add another 1.2, right? Not only is Nancy an organizer extraordinaire, but she is also the most flexible race director you will ever meet so I knew running the 10k a day ahead of schedule would be cool with her.
Yesterday turned out to be the perfect running day. The temperature was in the upper 60s (could Spring finally be thinking about arriving??) and there was a nice breeze. Unfortunately, I had to keep Quinn home from preschool because he has been dealing with this nagging runny nose/coughing up a lung thing and I need him to be 100% by Saturday when we are heading up to Philadelphia to take in the Star Wars exhibit being held at the Franklin Institute (has anyone been to the Franklin? Got any tips? Fun stuff to do around the museum? Hey - maybe I'll be a total touristy dork and run up the Rocky steps!!)
Anyway, I had him home with me and my husband is off on a business trip so I had to watch runners fly by my house instead. Totally depressing. After putting the boys down, I somehow managed to haul my ass down to the basement to get on the treadmill. Again, I have to give Nancy a super big shout out because honestly, I don't know that I would have run anything, let alone 6.2, at 8:10 at night had it not been for the 10k on the 10th! I wasn't sure what today would bring, if I would have Quinn home with me again or not, so I got on that blasted treadmill and ran. It sucked. I'm not going to lie. By 8:00 at night, I am down to zero energy and just want to crawl into bed with a book. I almost quit 3 or 4 times within the first 2 miles but then I found a Jon & Kate Plus 8 marathon on TLC (HOW does that woman do it??) which took my attention away from my protesting legs, lungs and brain and allowed me to plow forward. Nothing like watching a woman try and get dinner on the table for 8 kids under the age of 7 to make you forget your own issues!
After surviving 54 minutes and 34 seconds, I was done. I was really happy that I did it....once it was over of course! But by the time I finished with my shower and got into bed, there was no way that book was going to get cracked!
Thanks Nancy - you are the best!!
1 comment:
Ahhh Sweetie. A day early, a month early, no worries!! I was thinking, dang, it didn't give you a month to look forward to it and keep you training, but it sounds like you needed it on this particular day. That's what it is all about!! I'm so glad this helped you do a run you wouldn't have done. Thanks for letting me know. GREAT RUNNING, by the way.
Nancy
XOXO
Post a Comment