Pages

1.25.2012

Stupid Butt Muscle

Tried out the glut again today.  What the hell is wrong with it!?  I really thought after that week off, I'd be magically cured.  I can't deal.  Why does this kind of thing always happen before a race?  Is it psychological?  I'm starting to think so.  I only ran 5 today just to test it and it was just a nagging pain until I tried to bump up the speed...that's when it turned into plain ol' pain.  Awesome.  So my plan now is to do nothing until race day.  Come race day, I think I'll start out real easy and just see how it feels.

So after I blogged about the Cosmic Kale yuminess the other day, I had a mad craving for it.  I hadn't had it in a while and suddenly couldn't stop thinking about it.  So last night I decided to make it but was out of kale!!  I know!!  Ack!!  So I made it anyway only with spinach.  And guess what?  Still totally fantastic.  It's because of that damn cashew 'cream' sauce.  I could probably slather that on a piece of cardboard and eat it up.  I took this picture just so you could see the creaminess.  I'm still totally amazed at how much it tastes like a million calorie cream sauce.
How can something so creamy be vegan??

I was eating it as my main meal this time so I mixed in some rice noodles for a little added oomph.  Delicious.  I was a very happy girl.
Best dish EVER

Then today, I went to Wegmans to pick up more kale and apparently I'm not the only one on the kale train....this was all that was left!! 

One little bunch of kale!! I kind of want it to go back to the green with a bad, bitter tasting reputation so I can have it all to myself.