After a disappointing run on Monday, I took yesterday off and did all my mom-stuff instead of running and taking yoga. Not sure what Monday was all about but taking a day off helped. This morning I was back at it for a Les Mills marathon of Body Step at 8:30 (side note: I'm really pretty bad at step because I'm super uncoordinated but I love, love, love it and always feel like I got a great workout!), Body Pump at 9:30 then a run. I was feeling really good despite the pollen count being way too high for my liking. After Pump, I got on the treadmill for what I hoped would be a pain-free, panting-free, general 'this-sucks-feeling-free' run. I ended up staying on and getting 6 miles in with a bunch of intervals and felt great.
When I got home, I made a yummy smoothie of almond milk, a banana, about 6 strawberries and vanilla protein powder (I know, no spinach!!).....so good. Nice and cold and it hit the spot. Now I'm totally exhausted and will most likely be useless for the rest of the day - yay!
I have to tell you about my kitchen sink dinner on Monday night. My husband had to work downtown late so I found myself staring at an open refrigerator clueless as to what to make. I ended up grabbing a can of black beans for protein, brown rice, a can of fire roasted tomatoes and some spinach.
I cooked 1/2 cup of rice and when it finished, I added the beans, tomatoes and spinach. While it was heating, I found a bag of frozen shitake mushrooms so I threw half of that in there along with big scoop of red pepper flakes. If only I had some feta!
It was so good! It was basically like a vegetarian chili. Very filling! And I had a ton of leftovers which was great for lunch the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment