Pages

5.14.2011

Best Green Smoothie to Date!

Last night I went to happy hour with a bunch of girlfriends.  We had the best time.  Five hours of non stop laughing.  My issue with happy hour is that I'm a beer girl.  I love my beer.  And unfortunately for me, I've only been to one place that has gluten free beer.  Last night was not that place.  I know, I should just drink something else.  But wine is not all that fun at happy hour and I don't drink mixed drinks so what do you think I did?  Yup.  Drank beer.  I have had such a great week of absolutely zero gluten and was feeling really, really good.  I knew I was being really dumb, but I did it anyway.  This morning is not pretty. 

In an effort to make myself feel a little better, I decided to whip up a green smoothie for breakfast.  This one just may be my best yet!  Look at that beautiful color!  Yummmmmm......

In the Vitamix went 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 date, 1 small banana, 2 big handfuls of spinach, 1 1/2 teaspoon flax seeds, 1/2 cucumber and a few ice cubes.  It is so stinkin' good.  I think the cucumber really helps smooth it all out.  This was my first time using dates - I picked up a bag at the health food store yesterday.  I'm currently searching for other ways to use dates.  Any suggestions?

No comments: