So. Lets move on, shall we?
I've been drinking water like a crazy person. I will spare you the details of how many times I got up last night to pee. Which I am taking as a good sign. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate....it's the advice I keep hearing and I am listening! I'm starting to get my appetite back which is very good news because I need to start fueling. One of the (many) things I did wrong before the Outer Banks Marathon was carb loading. I don't normally eat a ton of carbs. Instead of just slowly increasing the amount I do eat, I waited until 2 days before the marathon and then stuffed my face with a ton of processed (ie: pretzels, bars, crap crap crap) carbs. By marathon morning, I felt like I had a bowling ball in my stomach. Not pleasant. But, lesson learned.
I'm also starting to think about packing. Yeah. Haven't started. Which is crazy odd for me because I'm very
I also need to think about what to bring with me to the start on Monday morning. I know we are going to be waiting around for a long time so I'm thinking a Lara Bar, a banana, water and Gatorade. Also, because it is supposed to rain the day before and as a result, will probably be muddy, I'm bringing a big trash bag to sit on.
What am I forgetting??
Holy crap......it's almost here!!!!!!!
1 comment:
I am so sorry to hear that you are sick! This confirms my belief that training for a spring marathon is harder than training for one in the fall. I think you and I are both going to be suffering out there next week.
RW has a series of podcasts on Boston, including one on how to fritter away the long wait time in Hopkinton and what to bring. I thought the space blanket was a good idea.
http://bit.ly/gDCteZ
The main rule for race day is don't do anything new. I think we need to get closer to get an idea of what the weather will be like before figuring out what to wear.
Don't forget the gloves, body glide, and sunscreen. The race doesn't start until 10:30 for mere mortals.
Post a Comment