I've finally started packing. And by packing I mean pulling out every possible outfit configuration I can think of. This is my closet floor as of 10 minutes ago....in other words, will probably have more crap on it within the next 10 minutes:
Nice, eh? And that's only Monday stuff. Doesn't even account for the fact that I arrive in Boston Saturday morning and need to pack clothes for Sunday and Tuesday. I have an outfit for every possible weather event known to man. With the exception of an extreme blizzard. Part of the problem with being sick right now is that I have little to no energy to do anything beyond lay on the couch with my laptop. And you know what that means....weather watching. Yup. Non-stop weather watching/obsessing. Not a good idea. Have you seen the string on the Runner's World message board called "The Official 2011 Boston Marathon Obsession Weather Thread"? Well I have. That sucker is 12 pages long and growing. Every time someone throws their two cents in, I throw another outfit on my closet floor.
Along with packing and weather obsessing, I've been trying to eat. I have zero appetite right now with this flu so it's actually been a real challenge. I'm coughing a lot, have a sore throat and generally feel like a disaster so I've found smoothies are the only thing that brings me any real comfort. I've been trying to load them up and include protein powder. Yesterday, I had this fantastic concoction (please don't mind the chicken....it followed me home from Home Goods one day. Just the kind of thing that makes my husband shake his head and mumble to himself):
1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 banana, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 tablespoon of cacao powder (I use Navitas) and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. Yum yum yum. Crazy good and soothing on a sore throat. I was hoping by now I'd have an appetite back and I'd notice a difference in my energy level but I haven't. I'm trying not to to let it bring me down. I'm trying to accept the fact that I'll be doing a bit of walking on Monday but it's hard. Real hard. So instead, I shall concentrate on the weather! Speaking of which, I don't think I have a raincoat in the pile!
No comments:
Post a Comment