Pages

4.26.2011

Gluten Free Pizza!

In my never ending quest to find good gluten free pizza, I was recently down right giddy to find a pre-made pizza crust by Sami's Bakery.

You may remember I went on and on (and on!) about their millet and flax bread....love it!  I was at For Goodness Sake, a natural food store in Leesburg and where I am weekly to stock up on the bread, when the pizza crust caught my eye.  I snatched it up and started jumping up and down.  Yes, I miss pizza that much.  Last night was the big taste test.  I was a little worried because I had incredibly high hopes for the crust simply because I love the bread so much.  I decided to keep it simple with the toppings and went with Muir Glenn pizza sauce (which is fantastic, by the way), red pepper flakes (duh), a small bit of mozzarella cheese, fresh spinach and mushrooms. 
Pizza ready to cook!

After about 20 minutes, it was finally time to give it a try.  Holy.  Cow.  Holy, holy, holy cow!!!  PIZZA!  I finally can have my favorite food again!  This crust is fantastic!  Really, really good.  It got nice and crunchy but the center was still a bit soft, perfect for me.  It didn't have that fake bread taste to it at all, just excellent flavor.  If I had to come up with a complaint it would only be that I prefer really thin style pizza and this is a bit thick but in no way did the thickness of the crust sacrifice the taste.

This was just perfect.  I ate way too much of it because I was so excited to have pizza back in my life!  Thank you Sami whoever you are!!

No comments: