Pages

4.10.2011

Back Off Bug!

On Friday, I had a crazy long lunch with a good friend of mine for my birthday.  We went to my favorite restaurant at noon and ordered a pitcher of sangria.  Oh the sangria.  It was incredible.  We were laughing and talking and having a pretty fantastic time and one pitcher of sangria turned into a pitcher of wine and before you know it, we had to call my husband to come pick us up.  Hilarious and fun and a perfect birthday. 

Saturday morning, I woke up with a nice little reminder of our afternoon out - a throbbing headache.  Well, the headache didn't go away and eventually I started coughing and now, Sunday, I'm 3 doses in on my NyQuil and Tylenol and praying to the sick Gods to leave me alone.  Seriously.  I can't take it.  I knew it was possible that I'd get sick since both of my kids were sick but I was also thinking that I had made it through.  It's mostly in my head as in massive throbbing just want to close your eyes kind of headache but I've also got the cough and that's the part that worries me.  I need my lungs to be in tip top shape!!  I was supposed to do 10 miles today which obviously isn't happening.  I'm still holding out hope that this will be a quick 48 hour thing and I'll be able to get out there tomorrow.

I've been drinking crazy amounts of water to try and ward it off but that is getting boring so I decided to make a smoothie.  About a month ago, I bought a bag of frozen berries from Costco that I have yet to break into but today, frozen cold fruity berries on my sore throat sound just perfect. 

I used 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 small banana and a cup of the berries.  Holy yummy goodness.  Look at that color!

It's a thing of beauty.  And, I'm convinced, a miracle drink.  I will undoubtedly be cured by tomorrow.

No comments: