Pages

3.01.2011

Elimination Diet....It's Time

I know I've said it before, but the stomach issues I've got going on are getting old.  Really, really old.  Whenever I think about taking anything out of my diet, I get overwhelmed or confused or just plain frustrated and so I quit.  The problem is that I've been very inconsistent about what I take out and for how long.  For example, one time I decided to take out dairy.  I lasted 2 days.  I've tried wheat but that lasted for 1 day.  Pathetic, I know.  This time I'm for realz.  I've decided to start with wheat.  I don't know if I should go totally gluten free or just wheat free and to be honest, I'm quite confused as to what the difference would be. 

Today is day 2 and so far, I'm not throwing up my hands in frustration yet.  Obviously I've not seen a change in my "issues" but I'm trying to be mature and patient and I'm really, really trying to give wheat-free eating a full 2 week trial period. 

This morning I had an egg and an egg white topped with salsa.  For lunch, I had a big salad topped with grilled chicken.  For a snack, I had a few Food Should Taste Good gluten free blue corn chips.

I already know what is going to happen.  I'm going to get sick of eggs.  Fast.  And salads.  I love salads, I really do, but a couple hours after eating them, I'm always hungry and I always want to snack on something horrible for me.  I know it's because I wasn't fully satisfied at lunch.  As for the eggs, love them too but yawn.  I love Van's Blueberry Waffles and fortunately for me, they happen to be wheat and gluten free.  Beyond that, I'm not sure what I'll do for breakfast.

A big concern already is that I'm hungry.  Really hungry.  By dinner yesterday, I could have eaten my arm off (instead, I had a piece of fish, broccoli, and a veggie and quinoa salad).  Every time I got hungry during the day yesterday, I'd stand in front of the pantry whining about how I wasn't aloud to eat anything.  Yes, at one point I had a piece of fruit, but I just wanted more.  I feel like I'm going to face problems when it comes to keeping up with my training schedule.  I don't think I can keep up with 40 mile weeks on salad. 

I would love to hear if anyone has suggestions for me to get me through the two week period.  Anything! 

No comments: