Pages

3.03.2011

Day 4

Yawn.  It's day 4 of my 2-week wheat elimination trial and I'm tired.  Like, really, really tired.  I'm hoping that it's just my body making some kind of transition.  I really didn't think I ate that much wheat type stuff that would give me energy (ie: carbs) but apparently, I did.  I was half asleep during my step class this morning.  I just didn't have the pep that I normally do.  What gives??  I did make brown rice last night to go with my piece of chicken and I've been eating quinoa so I'm not really sure what I should do.  Which, yet again, shows how totally ignorant I am when it comes to the wheat/carbs/gluten topic.  I still don't even know if I should be going totally gluten free or if eliminating wheat is enough.  Any snacky stuff I eat (beyond fruit and veggies) has all been Gluten Free but what about the dressing that was on my salad at Panera today...could that have contained gluten? 

Cooking!
I tried another recipe from The Skinnygirl Dish and it was another winner (I shouldn't use the word winner right now....crazy Charlie Sheen...)!  And cooking with the GF Oat Four has been a breeze...I don't notice a difference at all. 
I made the 'How Is This So Moist Chocolate Cake' recipe this time.

Again, as with her blueberry muffin recipe, I found I was able to cut the sugar in half without sacrificing taste.  The cake has no butter and no eggs!  It was super moist and very chocolaty.  My kids ate it up!

No comments: