Happy Valentines Day! My kids came home with a crazy amount of candy this afternoon so I have wired curtain climbers and I'm a bit beside myself at the moment. But I also have beautiful flowers from my husband so I'm trying to just focus on them. And the bottle of red wine that I am going to open any second now.
Today was all about Body Pump followed by Body Combat. Pump was awesome, as usual. Combat, not so much. She switched it up and so all the tracks were totally new to me and therefore, I was lost the majority of the time. I am seriously lacking in the coordination department and it takes me forever (like stupid forever) to pick up new moves so when the class gets switched up, it kind of bums me out. I love it in other classes but Combat moves so quick that if you don't pick it up right away, your workout suffers (in my opinion). I wore my heart rate monitor and found that after the class, I had only burned 388 calories. When I was comfortable with the newest release, I was burning up to 600. It isn't the calories I care about as much as how hard I work. Clearly I didn't get the workout I like to get from Combat. Whatever....moving along....
Running schedule for this week:
Tuesday:
1 mile warm up
5 x 1 mile at 7.6
Wednesday:
60 minutes easy
2 minutes at 6% incline every 7 minutes
Thursday:
80 minutes - yawn. Bill even wrote on my schedule "Boring, yes, but try very hard to run slow and keep your heart rate down." Ugh. Totally impossible. By the 45 minute mark, I just want to do something to shake this run up a bit so I usually start upping the speed. This annoys Coach Bill.
Friday:
1 mile warm up
7 miles from 7.0 - 7.5
Saturday:
Off
Sunday:
Long
No comments:
Post a Comment