It's so funny to me to think back on all those long Sunday runs that I did alone. I always considered myself to be a lone runner, able to train so much better if I was by myself. Those days are clearly over. Ever since I started running with Bill, his wife and our other two friends, I can't stand running long alone. I miss the endless chatter that just makes the miles fly by.
The bad news is that I only ran 14 miles today. The good news, however, is that even though I know it goes against all laws of marathon training, I was able to get it done (on hills no less!) in less than marathon pace. Yay me (can't you feel the excitement?). I'm putting this out there only to make me feel better for only running 14, not the 18 I was hoping for.
When I got back from my run, my husband had to work so I dragged the kids up to Costco. Oh hello brownie sample lady! Yes, I'll have a brownie fresh from the oven! Excellent post-long run treat. We got our standard necessities and then I spotted a new snack.
Anything that involves both blueberries and crunch has got my attention from the get go. I read the ingredients, the nutritional information
and thought about it for about 4 seconds then threw them in the cart.
I opened them in the car (shocker) and was surprised at how big they were. I was expecting something like one of those nut clusters - small square. These were pretty hefty. And the fact that a serving size is 8 pieces had me pretty excited!
![]() |
| No, I did not take this photo while driving...safety first! |
I love these!! They are really yummy. The blueberry pieces are a plenty and the crunch is impressive. And they are filling. I had four pieces on the way home and that was plenty. Well, plenty for a few hours anyway. I was digging into the bag again just a little while ago! Love finding a new semi-healthy snack. Especially a crunchy one!



No comments:
Post a Comment