Yesterday I decided to change up my running schedule a bit. Thursday's are typically the 80 -85 minute run but since I usually do that after Body Step, my legs pretty much hate it. Tuesday's are the only day of the week that I don't take classes at the gym so I decided to do my 80 minute run yesterday morning.
 |
| Never thought of him as hot but, um, helllooooo |
When I got to the gym, I decided to poke my head in the cardio cinema (best thing eva!) in the hopes that something half way interesting was playing. Well, I can't believe my luck but The Town was just starting - as in, credits still flashing across the screen! I jumped on a treadmill and got totally into the movie. After 80 minutes, I kept running because no way was I missing the end. When I got to 10 miles, I decided to walk because (a) this is the first run of the week and I need to save the legs, and (b) despite the 'save the legs' idea, no way was I missing the end of this movie! I lowered the speed to 4.3 and upped the incline to 8.5% and walked until the movie ended. So I got a really good/steady 10 miler in and a little extra 2 mile hill walk. Nice! And for the record, despite Ben Affleck's horrible track record post-Good Will Hunting, this movie was really great. You go Ben!
After the gym, I ran to Wegmans to grab some fish for dinner. I wanted to try a recipe from Tosca Reno's cookbook for tilapia. I know I have
expressed my love for Tosca and the Eat Clean idea in the past so I won't get into it again except to say that everything I've made from her cookbook has been fantastic. Anytime I feel like I've ventured into the processed world a bit too much, I crack open one of her books and within 5 minutes, I'm hooked.
Back to dinner. I made her Steamed Tilapia and her Sauteed Garlic Spinach to go with it. My husband is actually in town tonight so this was a huge risk...he is a meat and potatoes kind of guy, big time. But I was feeling the effects of too many salty/crunchy/I know better than that snacks so I didn't exactly give him a choice. We both loved every bite. Crazy good and super easy.
Now I have to get off this chair, get to the gym for a 60 min run, Butz & Gutz (how's that for a class name??) and Body Combat!
No comments:
Post a Comment