Pages

2.08.2011

Superbowl Detox....Stat!

I pride myself in being a fairly healthy eater....most of the time.  But when I stray, boy do I stray!  I undid about 3 months of healthy eating on Superbowl Sunday and post-Superbowl-lazy-ass-Monday which I honestly didn't feel all that bad about at the time but now...whoa.  Hello bloat! 

When I have too much salt, I feel it for days.  On Monday, I didn't do my normal Body Pump followed by Body Combat routine because (a) my legs were pretty sore after my hilly run on Sunday, and (b) I was having one of those 'I just need a break' days.  Not the kind where you have to push yourself a little more to get to the gym...more like my body was telling me to just stop for a minute and take a day off.  Far be it for me to not listen to my body!  The problem was that while I was hanging out at home all day cleaning up party remains, doing laundry and being all house-wifey, I was also snacking on all the left over party crap.  There were these:
Peanut M&Ms....my weakness


And all of these:
Salty snack mix, giant hard pretzels, spicy mini pretzels

Salt. Salt. Salt.  All on top of what I ate Sunday not to mention this:
Best Bloody Mary mix EVER

Oh. My. Gosh.  If you are a Bloody Mary fan, you have got to try this mix.  SO good.  We had a Mary bar with all the fixin's on Sunday so of course I had a few many with tons of Old Bay sprinkled in (more salty goodness) and 3 green olives per drink.  Let me zero in on the sodium content per serving:

Oh yes.  That explains so much.  Rings too tight go pull off fingers, loss of ankles due to swelling, belly overhang.  Check, check, check.

Starting today, I'm on the drink excess water, eat a ton of veggies and sweat it out diet until I can see my ankles again.

This week's running schedule isn't much different from last week's except that today's run is shorter/easier.  I'm kind of surprised because usually trainer Bill shakes things up a bit.  This also makes me a bit nervous about what next week will bring!

Monday: Off

Tuesday:
1 mile warm up
3 x 1.5 at 7.6

Wednesday:
50 minutes easy
2 minute hill bursts every 7 minutes

Thursday:
80 minutes
Every 10 minutes, pick it up to marathon pace for 1-2 minutes

Friday:
1 mile warm up
7 miles from 7.0 - 7.5

Sunday:
Long, hills

No comments: