I finally got back to the gym today. I ran yesterday and don't normally take any classes on Tuesday's but since I didn't go on Monday, I felt like it had been weeks since I'd been and I couldn't wait to get back (an obvious sign of an addiction!). I got my run done then headed into Body Pump. I don't normally take Pump on Wednesday's and now I'm not all that unhappy that I don't. The instructor is the only male teacher and I have heard that he has groupies. Well. It was total insanity! There were so many people in there, I had a hard time finding space during the lunge track. And honestly, I really don't see what the big draw is. He was OK but not all that energetic or motivating. I don't think fighting for a spot and running to get weights before they are all taken is something I'll be doing on a regular basis.
After the gym, I had a great wrap for lunch. Trader Joes hummus on a whole wheat wrap with spinach, a quarter of an avocado and a few slices of chicken. Yum. I was hungry again by 3:30 and that's usually the time of day I hit the salty, crunchy snacks. I decided to make a green smoothie instead (yay me!).
Here it is all ready to blend:
1 cup of plain, unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
2 big handfuls of spinach
1/4 apple
1/4 avocado (leftover from lunch!)
1 banana
5 strawberries
It was so good! Very creamy. This is the first time I've added avocado to my smoothie. I've heard that it makes them extra creamy but I was hesitant which is why I used only a small bit. It certainly filled me up, that's for sure!


No comments:
Post a Comment