Pages

2.03.2011

Successful Run....Not So Successful Trader Joe's Trip

Today I ran a bit longer than my schedule called for.  The plan was an 80 minute 'jog' with a speed burst every 10 minutes.  I am a wimp so I chose to do this run inside today.  When I got to the 80 minute mark, I was 15 minutes into an episode of The New Adventures of Old Christine (which I never watched until being forced inside for treadmill runs. I discovered it a few weeks ago and now am totally addicted to it.) and I wanted to see the end.  So.  It ended up being a 97 minute run/11 miles. 

After my run, I was craving something cold so I whipped up a quick green smoothie!
Post-run green smoothie

And there is Murphy peeking around the corner!  This smoothie was awesome, so perfect after a longish run!

1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 scoop protein powder
1/2 red apple
Big handful of spinach
1 banana
ice

After drinking my smoothie in about 10 seconds, I hopped in the shower and make the trek out to Trader Joes.  I don't go often because it takes me about 25 minutes to get there but my kids have been dying for their little crispy chocolate chip cookies and I've been dying for some chocolate cats!  Unfortunately, they had no cookies....none!!  And only one tub of chocolate cats left.  And not only that but they didn't have my favorite wine from there....honestly, I can't remember what it's called but there is a crazy looking old man on the label and it's Dr. Drinken-something-or-other.  What. The. Hell.  All was not lost though.  I saw these in the freezer and had to bring a box home:
Chocolate + Banana = Awesome!

How good does that look??  I'm having one after dinner tonight for sure!  I have incredibly high hopes for it so it better be good!

No comments: