Pages

2.03.2011

Very Veggie Quinoa Salad

Last night I had a craving for quinoa.  I pulled every veggie I could find from the fridge, grabbed a can of black beans and cooked up the quinoa.  The result was super yummy. 

As you can see, I had a massive portion of it!  And a small piece of halibut as a side!

1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
couple handfuls of baby spinach, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 small can sliced olives
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1-2 tablespoons of fat free feta
Fresh lemon juice

It was fantastic.  Just what I was craving.  I love making a big salad like this.  Makes for an easy lunch for several days!  Off to run.  I'm pulling the wimp card and heading to the treadmill this morning!

No comments: