Pages

2.22.2011

Run Schedule

Here is my running schedule for the week:

Today:
Warm up 15 minutes
(I skimped on this because my kids were home today....I love when they close school but then the streets are dry by noon....awesome.  Anyway, I only did a half mile warm up)
1 mile at 7.6
4 x 4min at 7.8.  For the odd intervals, at the 2 minute mark, increased the incline to 3% for 45 seconds then returned to .5%.  For the even intervals, at the 2 minute mark, increased the speed to 8.0 for 45 seconds then returned to 7.8.  (Bill tells me to jog between intervals for as long as needed.  I lowered the speed to 6.9 for 1 minute between each).
2 x 1 mile at 7.6

Wednesday:
90 minute easy jog.  Pick up the pace every 10 minutes to marathon pace for 1 minute

Thursday:
30 minute easy run (he is big on me keeping my heart rate super low for this run but honestly, I usually get bored after 10 minutes and pick up the pace).

Friday:
1 mile warm up
7 miles from 7.2 - 7.5

Food!

Not pretty, but a great breakfast
Before my run this morning, I had a super good breakfast.  A half of a red pepper, chopped, a big handful of spinach and about 3/4 cup of black beans all sauteed together.  Then I added 2 eggs and cooked them up.  I topped it with 2 tablespoons(ish) of hot salsa and totally devoured it.  It's not all that pretty but boy was it good.  And very filling.  I bet it would have been even better if I would have put it all in a whole wheat tortilla.  Drool.



Fridge Salad
My lunch started off as a bean salad from Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook but it ended up being a 'dump any veggies in a bowl with beans and tuna' creation.  Delicious!  And unlike breakfast, very pretty!


1 can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cucumber, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
small handful of black olives, halved
1/4 red onion, sliced
2 roma tomatoes, chopped
1 small can tuna
dried oregano
dried basil
crushed red pepper flakes
juice of 1 lemon

Dump all ingredients in a bowl, mix and finish by juicing the lemon over the salad.  Crazy easy, crazy good!  And for lunch desert, I had greek yogurt.  The black cherry flavor is for sure my favorite!

I love you Black Cherry Chobani

No comments: