![]() |
| Super Cool Running App! |
It gives you an aerial view of the route which, in my opinion, really doesn't do you much good. Street view would be way cooler. But the part I just love is the elevation. At the bottom of the screen on the left, you put in what speed you are running (and adjust as you run). On the right, it gives you a count down clock letting you know when you will cross the finish line (which, obviously, changes as you change your speed). Above that, it tells you what the elevation is at that point of the course. So, for example, I was happily running along at a 1% incline when apparently we got to a fun little hill....it changed to 3.75%. Oh for fun! So I was able to virtually run the first 20 miles of the Boston Marathon. So cool!! Unfortunately, my treadmill doesn't have the ability to go to a negative incline so I didn't get to enjoy any of the downhill moments, I just set it at 0% but it was still pretty dang cool. Check it out if you have an iPhone. Here is a link to Cnet's review.
As for the long run, it was rather tortuous simply because it was on the treadmill but I was also having all kinds of right glut/hamstring issues which made me a bit nervous. This weekend we are running 20 again (hopefully as a group and NOT on the treadmill!) so I'm trying to remain calm until after that run. I can't believe it's almost March....Boston will be here before you know it!

2 comments:
I admire anyone who can run more than 10 miles on a treadmill. I just can't do it. I feel like I'm running faster than I actually am. Did you see the new procedures to qualify for Boston? Check out the BAA website. Looks like your training is on track!
I totally agree. I kept this run really slow because I wanted it to be a pure endurance run but I still felt like I was flying. Stupid treadmill.
Yes! Saw the new procedures! Very interesting. And I'm kind of glad I got in when I did!!
Post a Comment