Pages

10.18.2010

So here's the deal:

1.  My personal life has been a roller coaster of emotions since the beginning of the summer when my dad got sick.  We are still on that coaster but are keeping our hopes high.  However, as roller coasters are known to do, it's a constant up and down almost daily hence my lack of blogging.  I had a lot of grand plans for the direction I wanted to take this blog in but honestly, it just hasn't been a priority.

2.  I am still dealing with a pain in the ass, er, foot, pain in my ankle.  The podiatrist says it's tendinitis and prescribed orthotics.  Here we go again.  I picked them up last week and I'm supposed to be breaking them in slowly - 2 hours a day, then 3 hours a day, etc.  As of right now, they are super uncomfortable but they are supposed to 'mold' to my feet so we'll see.  I think most of the breaking in process is going to happen after MCM.

3.  MCM.  Marine Corps Marathon is on Halloween, 2 short weeks away!  I should be excited but I haven't been able to get into it.  I've been running, been training but I'm having a hard time getting there mentally which could prove to be a major problem given running a marathon is 80% mental, in my opinion.  I better get geared up and quick!

4.  BOSTON!  Today is the day that registration (finally!) opens for the 2011 Boston Marathon!!!  I'm super excited.  They expect it to sell out pretty quickly this year.  I will be one of the many thousands who lock up their server at 9:00am this morning.  WOO!

5.  Still dealing with major stomach issues.  I cut out all wheat products for 2 weeks and didn't get much relief from that.  It might have improved a little, but not enough to make me believe that was the cause.  Not to mention the fact that I was having a hell of a time fueling my workouts with no wheat carbs!  Is there a dr. in the house??

2 comments:

Liz Elindel said...

Have you tried cutting out gluten? Gluten is found in wheat, oats, rye, and barley - it's called Celiac's Disease. I have it, and manage to find substitutes for food. But that could be why if you cut wheat out, you're still sick.

Just a friendly blogger offering her two cents.
:P
My prayers are with your dad.

Donna S said...

I agree with Liz Finch...As a runner with Celiac..there are lots of really good GF products..Udi's bagels..YUM..Whole Foods carries them. I avoid Gator Ade..they claim to be GF but it really affects my stomach. Heed is GF as is Amino Fuel.
Poatoes and rice are great for carbo loading. Congrats on getting into Boston..it's the best!