Pages

8.20.2010

Vacation? I don't need no stinking vacation!

So we finally got all packed up and ready to hit the road for a much needed mini-vacation.  After my father's illness, I really was ready to de-stress and more importantly, try and salavage what's left of the summer for my boys.  About 2 hours into our 4 1/2 hour trip up to Avalon, NJ, my oldest (who had been complaining of stomach 'pain' since the evening before) barfed.  Yup.  Barfed.  Seriously??  We sat at a rest stop for about 30 minutes trying to figure out what to do.  The problem was that we were going to be staying with my step-sister and her 5 kids, one of which is a 1-year-old.  Would I want someone bringing a barfing kid into my vacation house?  No.  I absolutely would not.  So we turned around.  Turned around and drove 2 hours back home.  Yeah.

We spent the day yesterday in kind of a 'what the hell do we do now' daze, my son showing obvious signs of improvement as evidenced by the dirty breakfast dishes in the sink.   So we've decided to make a quick trip up to Baltimore tomorrow to catch a baseball game - something my youngest son has been wanting to do all summer - then on Sunday, head to the Maryland Science Center at the Inner Harbor which should please both of them.  It's not the beach but it's a hotel stay (why are kids so facinated by hotels??) and a bit of a quick fix to our 'what do we do' problem.

And I've decided to have a really fun winter.  Why do people wait until summer to have fun?  Well, I'm putting a change to all that!  Bring on winter baby!  Woo-hoo!  Snow! Wind!  Cold!  It's going to rock!

1 comment:

workout mommy said...

oh no!!!

I'm glad that you are able to do something fun this weekend and yes, you definitely deserve a fun winter!

(but please, no snow?!)

:) Lisa