After a bit of a hiatus, I'm trying to get back into gear. I spent the last week up in Boston where my father was having surgery but now that is done, he is on the road to recovery and it's time to try and get my focus back. I know, I've said this before, but this has been a difficult summer to say the least.
I missed the long run this past weekend but I know my running partners ran 15. The weekend before, I ran the Leesburg 20k and am calling that my long run. I finally got a run in yesterday of only 7 miles, but I'm trying to get back into it. Another wrench is that we are leaving for a last minute beach trip tomorrow afternoon through Sunday. My goal is to use this trip to unwind and get over the stress of the last 5 weeks so I'll be honest, I'm not sure how much running I'll do when I get there but I did pack my running clothes! Then once I return, I'll get back to updating the training schedule.
Thanks to those of you have hung in there with me and my sporadic posting this summer. Hopefully things are on their way back to normal!
No comments:
Post a Comment