Pages

4.27.2009

Happy Pollen Filled Monday!

It seems that Spring skipped the Washington D.C. area this year. My heat was cranking on Wednesday and by Saturday, the air was on. What the hell? Unfortunately, the pollen didn't skip us. Everything is covered in a lovely shade of green-yellow and my entire family is a sneezing, snot-nosed, wheezing mess.

My big kid turned 9 yesterday. I cannot believe that I have a 9-year-old kid. He wanted to have his party at Chuck E. Cheese so we did that yesterday afternoon. And apparently, every kid in the county was celebrating a birthday on the very same day and at the very same time because the place was about as crowded as it could have been without the fire department coming out and shutting the place down. My ears are still ringing.

I feel like I'm fully back into the running schedule. Last week I logged 26 miles which is the most I've run since before the marathon. My feet are holding up. I took the orthotics out for my last two runs - a 7-miler on Friday and an 8-miler yesterday - and that seemed to help. I'm over my podiatrist. My IT band is still irksome so I'm going to get one of those foam rollers and give that a try. For some reason, I've been running crazy fast though (last week, I ran one of my 7-milers in 57 minutes which is totally unheard of for me and a little insane) . I think it's just because I've been so excited to get back outside. I'm going to have to slow way down though if I think I'm going to get through the half marathon in a couple weeks.

I've been meaning to post about ExerciseTV for a while now. I love that site because you can do quick little 10-minute workouts or a longer one depending on how crunched for time you are. It's not perfect, but on days when you can't get to the gym or out for a run, it really helps. Recently, I went so far as to purchase three 10-minute videos and downloaded them to DVD. On Thursday, I didn't get to the gym so I popped in the DVD and have to say I was quite happy with the workout I got in such a short period of time. I went with Cindy Whitmarsh and purchased her 'Six-pack Ab Calorie Burn', 'Strong and Sexy Upper Body Burn', and 'Booty Burn'. I'm not into the names but the workout was pretty dang good! She is a little crazy but I like that in a trainer.

Today is going to be another hot one and I'm sure by the time I get little man on the afternoon kindergarten bus it will be well into the upper 80s so I think I'll go to the gym and take a spinning class instead of running. I fully expect her to torture me and to hate ever second of it while I'm there but then be all jacked up when I walk out. That's always the way it is with spinning it seems!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your blog through Kristin Armstrong's mile marker. I also recently purchased a Cindy Whitmarsh workout video and her Ultrafit book. I'm really liking it and already see a difference in my arm muscles. These video's you mention sound really good too. Oh, and happy running!