Pages

4.20.2009

Boston

Please tell me why none of the 47,000 sport channels my cable line up includes are showing the Boston Marathon? Last I checked, Boston was to runners what the Kentucky Derby is to horse fans so in my opinion, it's crazy that it's not being broadcast. Especially since it's not competing with anything 'major' like a baseball game.

2 comments:

Old School Runner said...

I wish I had seen this earlier. The marathon was broadcast on Universal Sports, an NBC channel that is wayyyyy down in the cable lineup. Universal Sports has nice coverage of the major races in the U.S. and overseas (e.g., Rotterdam and Paris Marathons). They'll probably edit the broadcast down into a highlight show. They also streamed the race live (universalsports.com), so you may be able to replay it on your computer. Good luck!

renae said...

Thanks for your comment! I actually did catch it online which was great even on a tiny screen! I have OpenBand cable service which is a very small company that only provides to a few neighborhoods. And if you can believe it, they don't carry Universal Sports! A crime I say!