Pages

3.16.2009

Sick Kids One Week Before Marathon??? WHAT?

Less than a week to go and all hell is breaking loose.

My littlest kid is still sick. I thought he was getting better this weekend but he woke up this morning with his temp back up at 101 and now is complaining to a ear ache in addition to the coughing/sneezing/snotty stuff.

If that isn't enough, my big kid started with a fever last night. I gave him Tylenol and sent him to bed with fingers crossed. This morning, he was on fire.

So. I have two sick kids home with me today and an appointment scheduled for the pediatrician today at 2:30. If I don't get this bug before Sunday, it will be some kind of miracle. My husband, knight in shining armor that he is, has volunteered to take the boys to the doctor for me which is the best news I've had since last Wednesday when Quinn came home sick. Why? Well because I can't imagine what is lurking in the sick waiting room of the pediatrician's office right now: flu/fever/snot/coughing/barfing/general virus crap. Yeah. That's what I need.

I am a major stress factory but I am trying to remain calm.

To remain calm, one must look for a silver lining, right? Sure that weather.com would provide that for me, I checked the forecast for Sunday in Virginia Beach: high of 58, low of 45 and.....and this is the best part.....partly cloudy! Only "partly" cloudy! This is so much better than "completely" cloudy and rain which is what it said 2 days ago. Silver lining people, silver freaking lining!

2 comments:

Julie D said...

Good luck this weekend! I am also running a marathon this weekend. Eat some fruit, take your vitamins, and stay calm! =]

Lesley Looper said...

Healthy, healthy, healthy thoughts, for your whole family! Hope the kiddos feel better soon, and that you and hubby stay well. If you haven't gotten sick yet, I think that's a good sign.

In addition to Nobel4Lit's advice, I'd add, "Go to bed!"

I need to follow my own advice. Insomnia sucks! :) Good luck this weekend!