Pages

3.13.2009

New Shiny Shoes!


My son is still illin' so I haven't been on a run since my panicked 3-miler on Wednesday. I had planned on using these sick days as true days of rest but, not surprisingly, just can't sit still so I dusted off my old The Firm dvd's for some cardio and strength training. Not quite the same as being in class or out on the trail but better than nothing. Tomorrow I have an 8-miler scheduled which I'm very much looking forward to!

I got new shoes on Wednesday. I need new kicks but I was going to wait until after the marathon and go back to the fancy running store. The stupid orthotics are starting to nag me and I have been blaming it on my shoes. Anyway, I was in Off Broadway looking for some casual non-sneaker type shoes when I saw the exact running shoe I own, the Asics 2130, marked down. They were selling it for $85.99 and then I saw the additional 20% off sign. Woo! So I picked them up fully intending to buy the same shoe I've had for almost a year now when I saw the bright and shiny new Asics 2140. Ohhhhh....pretty! I tried on my size and they felt a little small in the toe box so I grabbed my size in a wide and oh my oh my oh my. Comfy! Off Broadway was selling them for $89.00. So I bought them. With zero knowledge of this particular shoe, just marched right up and bought the suckers. I haven't run in them because, well, I haven't run period since I bought them so I'm not sure how they are going to feel but I'm excited to try them out. I'll probably stick to my old Asics for the marathon though.

And that's all I have to say about that.

I have got to get out of this house.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Nice sneaks! Hope they're comfy!

Robert said...

I love new shoes! If you haven't checked out this site before, they offer great prices on running shoes/gear, plus they have free shipping & returns.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/