Pages

3.17.2009

Official Diagnosis

So both boys tested positive for the flu. Yup. The flu. Fortunately for Carter, we caught his within the first 48 hours so he was able to get Tamiflu to treat it. Quinn has had it for 6 days so there isn't much we can do for him but wait it out. He did have an ear infection too so we got antibiotics for that.

Obviously I'm a little stressed. I've been nursing Quinn since last Wednesday and now Carter too. It would be one thing if it were my husband (no offense honey but I'd banish you to the basement faster than you could sneeze at me) but when it's your kids laying there with a fever and looking totally miserable, your heart just breaks for them and you let them cuddle with you, sneeze on you and get you kind of snotty. Being a mom comes before being a runner so if I get it, I get it. Not much I can do about it at this point. I had a few moments of tears yesterday...the "4 months of training could possibly go down the drain" feeling sorry for myself thoughts but I'm over it now. I just can't predict or control what will happen and the added stress of worrying about it certainly isn't going to help.

I'm trying to get a lot of sleep, which is hard due to all the coughing, and trying to get in lots of extra water and good food. I haven't run since I did the 8 on Saturday. The schedule called for 3 miles yesterday followed by another 3 today then an "easy" 15-20 minutes on Thursday. I'm hoping to get 3 on the treadmill tonight after the kids go to bed. I think at this point, aside from the obvious fear of getting sick, I'm most worried about being drained mentally as well as physically because of all of this drama come Sunday. We shall see!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I just found your blog today and have been laughing my ass off at some of your comments. We have a lot in common! I was thinking about making the Shamrock my first half, but by the time I got the nerve up regis had closed. I take forever to make decisions! I was secretly relieved, but now I'm thinking about signing up for a half in Delaware in May. Thanks for the push. You are going to rock this weekend! Think positive!