Well, I'm off. There is nothing more I can do but try and relax and breath and for the love of God, stop looking at that stupid elevation chart!! The weather may be an issue. It's pretty warm and yesterday, quite humid so that's another thing to try and not stress about. Hills and Humidity. Yeah.
Last night, as I was gathering all my stuff and printing maps and yes, trying to figure out exactly how bad the hills were going to be, I found this little blurb in the runners handbook that I hadn't noticed before: "....our course has been described much like that of the Boston Marathon with hills on miles 16-22..." (that's 3-9 for me) Swell.
SO! I'm all packed and ready to go. Just waiting for my husband to finish up some work-type stuff (seriously, how can he work at a time like this?!) and we are off to Charm City! We are going to hit the expo as soon as we get there then I think we'll drive the route. I hope that's not a mistake. I'm hoping it will calm my nerves but I don't know that it can at this point. Maybe I should have a beer before the tour.
No comments:
Post a Comment