So my question is this: do you think it was a coincidence that my iPod has decided to act all wonky right after Apple announced the release of the shiny new Nano?? I think not!
I started this blog to record my journey from slacker to half marathoner and then to a Boston Marathon finisher. It has evolved greatly and now, for my next adventure, it will record my journey of starting a small business and of course all of my running and kitchen adventures!
9.10.2008
Time for a New iPod or Wishful Thinking?
After having a breakfast of 2 eggs and a piece of whole wheat toast (apparently that will be my breakfast on run days from now on - plenty of energy and no tummy issues, yahooo!) I headed up to the W&OD Trail again for my 6 miler. I got my iPod all snug in my arm strap thingy, set up the Nike+ and was about to start running when the song that was playing started acting all crazy like it was skipping. I just hit the arrow to skip to the next song thinking it was just having a bit of a hiccup but the next song did the same thing. I turned the thing off and back on (my IT husband says that is the cure for everything) but it still didn't work! It was like the songs were being fast forwarded. I was super pissed but wasting valuable running time standing there in the middle of the path messing with it so I put it back in my truck and ran the old fashioned way: no music and just my trusty Timex to keep my time. It wasn't bad either! I've run without music before, in fact, I did the half marathon with naked ears so it wasn't totally foreign to me but today it was actually pretty great. The path is so quiet with the exception of birds, crickets, the occasional frog and the hum of a bike flying by. It was relaxing not having super fast song after super fast song banging away in my ears and just listening to the sounds around me. I flew through my 6 miles with no problems at all - no stopping, no major panting, no cramping, aching, bitching or even whining so it was a a good day indeed!
So my question is this: do you think it was a coincidence that my iPod has decided to act all wonky right after Apple announced the release of the shiny new Nano?? I think not!
So my question is this: do you think it was a coincidence that my iPod has decided to act all wonky right after Apple announced the release of the shiny new Nano?? I think not!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It might not be a coincidence that your iPod gave out on such a beautiful day for a run! Mother Nature is trying to tell you something...
I know what you mean about listening to the sounds around you on a run...it's always refreshing to me too!
My iPod had been fading for a while (the screen kept going white, and it got harder and harder to reboot and bring up the index of songs and podcasts), so I broke down and bought a new Nano on Sunday, only to hear about the newest generation a 2-3 days ago! Arrrgghh! So, at least your iPod's timing is better than mine! I love the new colors, and it sounds like they have some nifty new features.
Apple is the devil!
Hi Renae,
It's Leslie from the Weighting Game. I just wanted to tell you, I'm gonna be on the Today Show talking about "secret dieting" and I think we're using a comment you left on my blog - "I don't have any tricks, but this situation makes me so mad. I'm not dieting, I simply like to watch what I eat. I was out with friends recently for lunch and most of them ordered burgers and fries. I ordered a wrap and subbed the fries for fruit. They wouldn't let it drop. Kept on me for that order. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't agree more with MizFit, why can't we give each other a break? Why is it so horrible to see a friend working out, being healthy and getting fit?" Like, I think it'll be spelled out on the TV screen. In the 9am hour, Monday. Your words will be famous! Thanks!!
Leslie
Ha ha, love it! I dunno, I desperatly want the pink one, but we'll see. I had that happen once to an older shuffle. Unfortunatly it was time for the little buddy to pass on. Disgustingly enough, I think I sweat on it too much. I would love to run the trails you do, but unfortunatly for me the music drowns out the cars wizzing by me. :)
are you suggesting...corporate espionage? Or something equally exotic and scary-sounding?!!
Post a Comment