Pages

9.17.2008

I'm Famous!

Well, sort of. Okay, not really. But I am to me and my mom and my good friend, Cathie!
A while back, Leslie who writes a fantastic blog for iVillage called The Weighting Game, wrote a post about undercover dieting. Basically, it's the idea that we hide the fact that we are dieting, or just being healthy, around friends or coworkers for fear of being ridiculed and will usually end up just eating what they are (greasy pizza instead of that veggie wrap you were originally planning on having!). It was an interesting post on a topic that really gets my blood boiling. Women can be so cruel to each other, it's almost as if we want to see each other fail in order to make ourselves feel better. Horrible. Anyway, I made a comment on her post because as I said, my blood was boiling and all that.
Fast forward to Monday. Leslie appeared on The Today Show where the topic was secret dieting and they used my comment!! Little 'ol me! It's around the 2:05 time frame on the video. It was so cool to see my words up on the big screen! Leslie has the video posted over on her blog...check it out!

In other news, I managed to squeeze in 9 miles yesterday after another magic egg breakfast! I'm telling you, you guys saved me with all that egg talk!

No comments: