I started this blog to record my journey from slacker to half marathoner and then to a Boston Marathon finisher. It has evolved greatly and now, for my next adventure, it will record my journey of starting a small business and of course all of my running and kitchen adventures!
8.06.2008
Today was going to be the day that I got back on the horse...bandwagon...stick....what the hell is the right saying?...and run. But I didn't. Again. Today officially marks 1 full week with zero miles logged. Zero! This is getting serious. I know what your thinking - but today isn't over! Hit the treadmill! Yeah, thanks. I thought of that. But it's so not happening. I'm still dragging from my "vacation" with my kids plus all my nephews and niece and to be perfectly honest, just don't have the energy or desire to run. Last night after I put the boys to bed, I thought I'd get back into some kind of fitness routine by doing some light strength training followed by some lunges and squats. The weights were not that big of a deal...after all, I did have two long walks to the beach carrying 30+ pounds of beach related crap per day; I'd like to think my arms didn't have the time off my legs did. The lunges on the other hand, not fun. That burning muscle feeling hit me on lunge number 3, not a good sign. After all that hard work, I took it easy today. I think I'll try and run tomorrow. Maybe. I should probably try the treadmill in my basement so when I'm huffing and puffing and have to walk after 5 minutes, no one sees me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OMG. I just went through this, and am in my first week of vacation recovery mode! One day, you'll just wake up and get your shoes on.
Put on Rock & Roll Ain't Noise Pollution, by ACDC. You'll get up. (The NIKE commercial rocks me out of bed!!)
I caught the mid-summer running blah too for a spot there as well - you'll pull out of it and rock the pavements soon enough!
Much love!
Post a Comment