I'm just back from vacation and I'm now in a total running rut. I ran 3 times while at the shore for a total of 20 miles. Unfortunately, all 3 were at the very beginning of our stay when I was still in full on schedule mode. It didn't take long for the lazy feeling of being at the beach hit me full on and I stopped running all together. It also didn't help that the 3 runs I did do were horrible because of the heat and humidity. Oh, and the daily happy hours. And the snacks. Anyway, I'm just going to call it a nice little break and try and move on. Tomorrow.
Unfortunately, this means I don't think I'll be running in the 20k I was originally planning on participating in this weekend. I'd be lucky if I could get through 3 miles right now.
The only problem I have now is how do I get back on the running wagon?? I think the break came at a good time though. I was getting a bit tired of my same old, same old schedule that I got into once I joined the running group. Hopefully this break will bring back some of the enjoyment that was dwindling with so much routine.
Highlight of our trip? Getting a babysitter so we could drive up to Atlantic City to see the Killers at the Borgata!
1 comment:
Welcome back! We missed you. You'll find your groove again, though I'm kind of looking for mine, too, these days...
Post a Comment