Pages

8.07.2008

Finally!


It was bad enough that I was having to brew a fresh pot of coffee every day around 3:30 - 4:00 just to get through until bed time, but today, I noticed that I was beyond irritable with my boys. I was going off on the slightest little thing, things that normally I probably wouldn't even notice (when I remember to 'pick my battles' that is). In other words, just plain crabby! I finally decided that enough was enough and if we were all going to survive another minute of the day, I had to run. I put them in front of a ton of star wars action figures and while they had a massive battle, I ran. It was hard at first, I felt pretty awkward but it didn't take long to get back into the groove. And I think maybe a week off wasn't such a bad thing after all! All those aches and pains I normally feel after about 5 minutes or so - you know, the pain behind the knee, the weird thing in the hip, that slightly uncomfortable feeling in the foot - I didn't feel any of those things. I played with the speed a lot more than I normally do, lots of up and down but managed to get 5 miles in without stopping. I got off feeling super refreshed and happy. Oh, and my boys looked pretty darn excited too...Mommy is back to normal!

2 comments:

chia said...

LOL, I thought you caught crabs. This is much better.

Ms. V. said...

YAY!

That pic freaked me out.