I had a great run last night. It was one of those runs where everything just comes together and you feel like you could run forever. And after Sunday's disastrous long run that turned into a short run with walking, I needed this one bad. Once my husband finished work, I paced around the house trying to decide if it was going to rain or not - by then, the sky was pretty dark and the winds were picking up. After watching the weather report, I decided I had time to get a quick 4 miler in. I set out and by mile 3, felt great so I decided to extend it. I kept extended until before I knew it, I was 8 miles in and the winds were really picking up. I wanted to go further but decided that (a) the FIRST program wants my first long run to be 8 miles and so I could easily re-name this my long run and call Sunday's debacle my tempo run! and (b) the drizzle was starting and I was worried that I could get stuck in a thunder storm. I weaved my way home and ended up logging 8.5 miles. It felt great. How is it that one day you can feel like you've never run before and then just 48 hours later, feel like you could run a marathon?
I didn't get to the gym for my first official FIRST cross-training day yesterday. The plan was to go to the gym after my husband's work day but I forgot that he had softball on Monday's. Foiled. So instead, I stayed home with the kids and pouted. Today he is supposed to be heading to the Nationals game because the Cardinals are in town (go Cards!) so I'm not sure how I'm going to get it in tonight either. How am I supposed to follow this program if I can't ever get to the gym? Anyone have an old rower they want to sell me? If I set it up in the laundry room or kitchen, it's sure to see plenty of use.
No comments:
Post a Comment