Pages

5.15.2008

That's it, I've Totally Lost it.

Today I decided to take the advice of my running blogging friend, Chia and give my legs a little rest. Am I the only one who gets insanely jealous when your dressed in regular clothes and you see other women in their workout gear? Horrible. I dropped Quinn off at preschool and it seemed like every other mom there was in tank tops, shorts and running shoes. I had a little inner dialogue going on that consisted of me saying "Screw it, I'm going home and running!" and "Easy there, sister. You are going to the grocery store!" I went to the grocery store and bought a family pack of chicken breasts, a ton of veggies and some chapstick. Apparently I was very concerned about my protein intake while there. I dropped the groceries off and left immediately for the mall where I was sure to stay out of trouble. While there, I was just kind of window shopping when I could hear someone coming pretty fast behind me. I looked over my shoulder and it was a very sweet older gentleman doing the speed walk thing with his hand weights. I smiled and then I have no idea what happened. I totally snapped. I started walking faster. Pumping arms and everything! He caught up and cruised on by me...for the record, I was wearing some slides that have a bit of a heel on them....anyway, I got all "Oh no he didn't!" on him and started walking faster to catch up! I was racing a little old man mall walker dude at the freaking mall, people!! This stupid half marathon has turned me into a monster. I have got to take some time off.

2 comments:

chia said...

It's good practice for passing all those old coots at the half this weekend!

Anonymous said...

that is hilarious! good luck this weekend, have fun and enjoy it!