Pages

5.14.2008

A Feeling of Calm Has Returned

Thanks to some awesome comments and my decision to focus not on the lack of customer service but rather, on the beer garden that awaits me, I have gotten back to my calm, happy, relaxed self.
Thank you all! Especially Cjamern....a Fredericksburg homey! Thanks for the tip!

Today I went out for what was supposed to be a 5 mile run but my hamstrings are feeling a wee bit tight so I decided not to push myself and only did a slow 4.5 run. I'll try for 5 again tomorrow then again either on Friday or early Saturday morning. I'm getting so stinking excited!!

Last night I had a big, fat chicken breast for dinner. I totally think that's going to help. ; )

2 comments:

chia said...

Your legs will thank you if you give them a few more days of rest before the race :-)

cjamern said...

If you'd like email me at ltjmarki@yahoo.com (then I can give you my #) and I can hook you up with a carpool with some folks (great friends of mine and fellow SMR runners) heading from Rte 17 (right past your hotel)to the race...that way you don't have to drag your little ones out of bed (hubby too) at the butt crack of dawn. Then you can like up with the fam after the race. Anything to help another SMR racer!! :) -Jamie