Pages

5.17.2008

Goal

Well, we are off to the 'Burg in about 2 1/2 hours. I'm going to officially post my 'dream time' in the hopes that it will keep me moving tomorrow. I'd love, love, love to finish this thing in 2:00. I've watched that damn video too many times which has made me start leaning more toward the 2:10 or 2:15 mark, but 2:00 is what I've been shooting for for months so I'm sticking with it.

I can't thank you all enough for all your kind words and well wishes! I am taking every one of you with me and will think of all that kindness around mile 8 when I'm sure to be cursing my feet, the road, everyone around me, and life in general.

I'm really excited that the big day is finally here! And I'm even more excited about that beer garden. Cheers!

1 comment:

Lesley Looper said...

It was fun to look over at your countdown clock as I read your post and see 36 minutes and change, counting down. Must be a 7 AM race. Yay--almost here! Do you have a pre-race routine?

Sending good running karma your way. Looking forward to the race report!