I started this blog to record my journey from slacker to half marathoner and then to a Boston Marathon finisher. It has evolved greatly and now, for my next adventure, it will record my journey of starting a small business and of course all of my running and kitchen adventures!
4.03.2008
Staying on Track
I'm still sticking to my new plan of 3 short runs, one long per week. I only ran 7 last weekend for my long run but I did get 4 on Monday, 5 on Wednesday and another 4 today so I'm happy about that. Getting my long run mileage back up to where I'd like it to be (a consistent 10 every weekend) has been a lot harder than I anticipated. All the indoor running really has hurt me, I think. It always surprises me just how much harder it is to get the same amount of miles in outside. There is no substitute for wind, hills, cars and goose poop. But hopefully if I stick with these short runs, I'll get to where I want to be soon. Patience is not something I was born with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hey, love your blog. this is exactly what I do...4,5,4 during the week and long runs on saturday. I am only up to 7 though. my first marathon will be in december, but I'm going to do a half in september.
Hey there! Good to know I'm on the right track, thanks for the reinforcement!
Thanks for stopping by!
You're so going to rock that HM. Too cool!
just found your blog. thinking of doing a half marathon. turned 40 this year. trained for one about 8 years ago and got a stress fracture, been shy about trying again (plus 2 kids got in the way)
Thanks Chia...good to hear from someone who has DONE IT!
Feener - go for it!! I'll be 38 next week and my kids are SO in the way. It's all about patience and a lot of hope!
Post a Comment