Pages

3.31.2008

Quest for the Perfect Earphones

I'm always looking for new earphones for my iPod. My ears must be abnormal because fit has been a big issue for me. I got an email from Apple today and in it, they were pushing these pretty little things:

The Sennheiser PMX 70 Sport Earphones. With a name like that, they must be good...right? Has anyone ever tried them? They got some good reviews on the Apple site. At $50, I really would want to be sure though. Right now, I'm using the standard earphones that came with my iPod and they are always popping out. I feel like I'm adjusting them every 1/4 mile or so which is beyond annoying. Anyone got any ideas for me?

3 comments:

Bob A said...

I have trouble with earbud-type earphones. I've yet to find any that actually stay put even when I'm sitting still, much less when I'm running. So, while I'd go for a different (less noticeable) color combination, these look good to me. I'm no expert, but if my memory serves me correctly, Sennheiser is a reputable brand.

chia said...

Got these for Christmas - I live in mine. They have made it through 3 months of sweating and they still sound like the day I took them out of the package - pretty darn good quality if you ask me - well worth the $50.

These Sennheisers also lasted really well for me - CLICK ME. The only reason they were retired was because the rubber thing that kept them in my ear fell off on a drunken bender in the UK and I couldn't find anymore replacement rubber things without having to buy a new pair. I think the twist-lock ones were a better fit (that hard plastic band around my head just annoys me sometimes)and they stayed 100% secure through the most wicked runs.

Anonymous said...

Use those little pad type thingys that you can buy? They work well for me.