I started this blog to record my journey from slacker to half marathoner and then to a Boston Marathon finisher. It has evolved greatly and now, for my next adventure, it will record my journey of starting a small business and of course all of my running and kitchen adventures!
2.27.2008
Short is Not Bad
I've been trying to embrace the shorter run. Instead of choosing not to run because I don't have at least an hour plus to spare, I've been simply grabbing whatever time I do have to get any kind of run in. So that means I got 5 in last night and another 5 this morning. I've got to stop thinking that it's either a long run or nothing. I'm sure these short, fast runs are helping me too! And I have the Nike + Challenge to thank for my motivation. Yes, I'm back in another challenge. A double or nothing after my massively humiliating loss a few weeks ago. Nothing like a virtual challenge to motivate you! Better get a long run in soon or I'm going to get crushed again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Not only are short runs not bad, they're actually necessary as a balance for the endurance runs. Most training schedules advise a few shorter runs (4 mi) during the week with a long run on the weekend that builds in miles week-by-week. Don't injure yourself by piling up the mileage during the week--you need the time to recover from the long ones. I only ever do 4-5 mi at a time during the week as an injury-prevention (and sanity-keeping) device. You're doing great with your training and seem to be way ahead of the game with your long-run distance. Keep up the great work!
My Nike+ challanges motivate me a little too well too. I love that fangle thing :-).
Post a Comment