Pages

2.15.2008

Big Fat Loser


So I just lost my first Nike+ Challenge. The challenge was first person to 100 miles and I got killed! My fierce competitor is at 96.81 miles and I'm eating his dust back at 62.84. Yikes. I have decided not to throw out the mom card and blame my sick kid and traveling husband and just take the beating. The good news? That challenge stuff on Nike is awesome! Talk about a motivator! While I've been sitting here with a sick kid, I've been checking it daily and watching his miles creep further and further away from mine and I have never wanted to get out and run more in my life! The competitor in me thrives for this crap. So, what did I do? Did I put a note on there saying "Way to go! You win! You are awesome!" Nope. Of course not. In the heat of the moment when I saw that 96.81, I let my inner 7 year old out and said "Oh yeah? So! Double or nothing hot shot!" or something to that effect. I'm sure he is laughing at me all the way to the virtual medal stand.

3 comments:

chia said...

You're so cute :-) Thanks for the smiles and chuckles!

Ms. V. said...

I have three shuffles, an older iPod and an iPhone.

Guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and spring for the Nano.

Your post made me laugh!!
Linda

RunnerGirl said...

I'm going to have to check out the Nike Challenge thing, sounds motivating.