Pages

2.17.2008

Down and Out


A couple of wonderful things happened on Saturday. My 4-year-old's fever finally broke and it seemed that we were finally going to be rid of the flu. I've been feeling it a bit but have been desperately trying to push it aside. The other great thing was that the sun came up and the temperature was up to 45ish outside. I figured the timing of both was a gift from somewhere and decided to go for a run. It's been forever since I've attempted a long run outside. The last time I ran outside, I lasted for all of 3 miles and felt like I was going to die. I was sure all the inside running I've been doing had totally ruined my outside runs. Fortunately, I was wrong about that. I decided to try for 6 miles and just see how I felt. Aside from the cold symptoms, I felt good. I stayed out and turned my 6 mile run into an 8.5 mile run so I felt really good about that.
Then came the bad news. Apparently, pretending I didn't have what my son had wasn't a good idea. My immune system got pissed and I've been in bed every since. I'm a coughing, stuffy head mess and don't get me started on my stomach issues because that would just be too much information.
But tomorrow is another day! I'm determined to kick this thing and get back outside! Just as soon as I take a few more Advil Cold and Sinus pills.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Feel better soon!!

chia said...

Yes, many hopes for speedy recovery!