Pages

2.20.2008

Flu Be Gone!

On Monday, we had an incredible spring-like day with temperatures in the upper 60s and bright sunshine. I decided weather trumps illness and made an attempt at a short run. What a huge disappointment it turned out to be! I managed to get a very slow 4 miles in with 2 walk breaks thrown in. I felt horrible. It was like the first time I ever ran. I couldn't catch my breath, felt nauseous and if I had a phone, would have called my husband to have him come pick me up. Blah. I came home, got back on the couch and pouted (I have fully admitted on this blog my tendency to revert to my 7-year-old self so leave me alone about the pouting!).
I ate some decent food, got a good night sleep, and woke up on Tuesday feeling better. I decided to test things out on the treadmill promising myself I'd give it 20 minutes and take it nice and slow. The slow part happened but 20 minutes stretched into 30 then eventually 53 and 6.1 miles. Ahh. That's better! Slow, not pretty, a bit of coughing but I think I'm on my way back!
Today is going to be a cross training day so I'm headed to the gym to bike and row. And cross my fingers that our house stays healthy for the rest of the winter!

1 comment:

chia said...

Good for you. It's hard to give it another try, especially when you feel like recycled manure. I had the same disappointing run (only mine was a lame 3.2 miler) yesterday and we'll see how the body treats me today.

Best of luck on your CT day!!!