Pages

1.22.2008

A Little Beefsteak With My Morning Coffee



I get the e-newsletter from Runners World and I really like it. I almost always find at least one article that I want to read. Today, the first link was to a video for single leg squats. Always trying to find ways to strengthen my tired legs, I clicked. I'm sure I'm way behind here, but I didn't know they had so many videos on their site! I was skimming through them - treadmill workouts, core exercises, leg strengthening exercises, etc when I came across the winning video, hands down. The Mammoth Workout: Josh Cox. Hellllooooo there! What a nice way to start my day. And it was so thoughtful of the folks at Runners World to have him film these ab exercises without his shirt! I love being able to see exactly which muscles are working with each pose...I mean, exercise. Yowza! I had to watch it a few times....you know, to make sure I would do it right.
As much as I'd like to keep Josh all to myself, I'll be a nice girl and share:

5 comments:

chia said...

It's really funny, when I got this issue in the mail I sat and pondered how much airbrushing they did to make that man so pretty. After watching the video, I realise HE REALLY IS THAT PRETTY.

Now, I could chase that. "How Che ran a 2:13 marathon..." Now that sounds promising.

chia said...

Oh ya, that Elite Abs workout is amazing. I fell over doing the Swiss Ball thingie... but good for a giggle nonetheless ;-).

Kristina said...

When I got the issue, I had to stare not as much out of lust as out of compulsion. He is so tan and so chiseled that I was getting kind of creeped out, like he wasn't even a real person but a computer-generated image. Wish I could get highlights like that...

RunnerGirl said...

I was a little disturbed when I got my issue this month with Josh on the cover . . . he's just waaaay too pretty! I think maybe I'm just jealous of his perfect hair!

renae said...

Chia - kind of scary that there wasn't airbrushing! How is he human?? And I am laughing out loud because the same thing happened to me when I tried the Swiss ball one! It looked so much easier on the video!

Kristina & Runnergirl - I totally agree, the hair is a bit much. I'd love to cut it and mess it up a bit. But I wouldn't kick him out for leaving his dirty socks on the floor!