
It's about 19 degrees out and I don't do 19 degrees so a run outside is, yet again, out for today. It's a school holiday so I could have taken the kids to the gym with me and put them in the child care they have but I am totally against doing that this time of year because I'm a total germaphobe and I just know an hour in there would be a two weeks of some nasty coughing, snot-filled virus. So instead, I brought the boys down to the basement with me and jumped on the elliptical (because lets be honest here, I don't even want to know what kind of trouble a 7-year-old and a 5-year-old could get into during an elliptical session). And I had the joy of watching Vin Diesel in The Pacifier while I was at it. As if chugging away on that damn machine wasn't painful enough. After about 30 minutes, my 7-year-old says "Can you turn the t.v. up because I can't hear over your loud breathing." Yeah, cardio sucks.
On another note, I have been looking around for some new music for my iPod because I've been getting a little bored with my playlists. I read a comment by someone on a running blog (I really wish I could remember which blog I read it on so I could give a huge thanks to the person that commented) recently who suggested the site Pandora. It is the coolest site! You put in an artist or song you like and it finds similar songs/artists and plays them continuously. Like satellite radio without commercials (remember when satellite was supposed to be commercial free?). All for free. I have found 6 new bands (well, new to me) so far in just the last day and I'm getting totally addicted to it! Check it out if you are on the hunt for new music.
EDITED TO ADD: Figured it out! I was reading the totally fall on my ass funny Pieces of Me when I saw the comment about Pandora. The comment was made by See Zanne Run - thanks Zanne, I am seriously loving Pandora!!!
2 comments:
*Mrow* Vin Diesel...
What kind of new stuff have you found? I've been saying all month that I really should get around to finding new groovy tunes but never really do it. I just got some oldies but I'll get sick of that real quick :-).
Stay warm!
Yeah - someone commented about Pandora on my blog. It's awesome.
Post a Comment