Pages

1.02.2008

It Didn't Look Windy at the Time!

I never made it out for a run yesterday because the wind was blowing patio furniture all over the yard. I thought that made for a perfect excuse not to head out. Truth is, I can handle cold and I can handle rain but wind is something that I just haven't been able to get past. I stayed in and watched football instead.

When I woke up this morning, I told my husband I was going to get a quick run in while Quinn was in school. He kind of laughed and said "Ok, but it's pretty damn cold out there." Cold schmold.

When I went out, it was 27. No biggie. Just add a couple of extra layers and gloves. Within 10 minutes or so, I was feeling nice and warm and happy I made it out. At that point, the wind was just a little annoying. After 25 minutes though, I changed directions to head back home and that is where me and Mother Nature had a fist fight. Holy Wind Batman! There is nothing worse than running into gusting wind....well, other than maybe running on the treadmill. That wind was a killer. But what can you do? You are 30 minutes out and no way in hell was I going to call my husband to come pick me up so I soldiered on.

6 miles later, I got home and tried to stretch out my legs and de-numb my face. I turned on the news, something that I probably should have done before I went out, and good 'ol Bob Ryan let me know that it was 27 but the wind chill had it feeling like 17. He used the words "gusting" and "blustery" so many times I had to turn off the t.v.

A warm shower cured everything and I'm happy I got it done. But my husband gave me his thoughts on the run, "You are officially nutty." Yup. But a happy nut!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say nutty, I would say awesome! That wind today was crazzzeee and you ran in it! Good for you!!! Some of us were not so brave! :)