I'm feeling pretty good about being back 'On' now that the crazy Christmas stress is behind me. I was finally back in the every-other-day groove last week...granted, it started with a horrible 2 mile run that had me in serious crab-ass mode, but the week ended great with a 10.5 on Friday. So today, I woke up feeling super excited about the day: HUGE football day!! The Cowboys are in town and we need this win to get into the playoffs.
So knowing that I was going to be in full on scream mode from 4:00 on, I got all my mom-like chores done early then headed out for a run at noon. It was only 38 degrees out but no wind at all and the rain hadn't yet rolled in (although the clouds were seriously threatening!). My husband suggested an indoor run but we all know how I feel about that so I threw on an extra layer and went out before I changed my mind. The 6 mile route I chose for today is a really good one - minimal busy street running - but at the furthest possible point from my house, the rain started to come down. Fortunately by then I was warmed up and feeling really good about the run so it didn't really matter.
50 minutes later, I got home and walked in to my boys finishing up lunch and my husband emptying the dishwasher. He looks up and says, "I thought you didn't want to do your long runs on the weekend?" so I say "I didn't, I did my long run on Friday. Today I only ran 6." and he freaking says, "Oh. Huh. A slow 6?" Gack!!!! Here I was feeling all cool and quick and raising the roof, blah, blah, blah so I say "Uh, noooooooo, actually, I think that was a pretty good run." and he says, "Oh. Yeah, now that I look at the clock, I see that. Good job! Um. Yeah! It just feels like you were gone for so long." Ok. I know. I get it. I've been there. 50 minutes with the kids that involves a meal can feel like 3 times that. Not to mention that he is a total fantasy football geek and I'm sure was itching to check all the numbers. Sorry sweetie, next Sunday I'll get my run on a bit earlier!
And speaking of football! Hello!!!!! Got a great run in AND my team got into the playoffs!!!! And yes, that is ME with The Man, Santana Moss. Life is good!
2 comments:
6 miles in 50 minutes? That is freaking fast!!
I could run for 5 minutes and it would be a "long" run to my husband! Ha!
Post a Comment