Pages

1.19.2008

Another Treadmill Day

The weather chased me indoors again today...well, that's not totally honest. It was about 38 degrees out and I've run in colder temperatures than that so it wasn't really the weather as much as the snowy, slushy, wet muck that is all over the sidewalks and paths and partially in the streets that chased me to the gym. I'm a total wimp when it comes to running on/in/around that kind of stuff because I'm deathly afraid that I'll injure myself. I'm so close to my ultimate goal of running...no, finishing!...the half marathon and the idea of not being able to do it because I slipped or something stupid like that really freaks me out. So. Back to the gym I went. Not willing to deal with the heat of the neighborhood gym, I went to the local rec center. It was packed! I usually go there during the week so I wasn't prepared for the crowds. I got lucky though and got a treadmill and after about 30 minutes, it started to clear out a bit (probably due to my late start!). I managed to get 7 miles done in under an hour again so it was a successful day. I know I need to get back to my long runs and as soon as I see some serious melting, I will get back outside!

2 comments:

chia said...

I keep worrying about the same slip and fall scenario too. It's astonishing to me that you get snow and dreaded freezing weather all the way down there.

You're doing brilliantly and I'm super jealous. You're a rock star!

renae said...

Thanks chia! I'm glad my non-stop worry is not as crazy sounding as I thought!!