I started this blog to record my journey from slacker to half marathoner and then to a Boston Marathon finisher. It has evolved greatly and now, for my next adventure, it will record my journey of starting a small business and of course all of my running and kitchen adventures!
12.28.2007
It's Been a Week....Must Be Long Run Day
I cannot believe it's been a week since I ran 10 miles for the first time. I've still be acting like rock-star-woman about that run like it was yesterday! Time to shut up and see if I could do it again. I set out this afternoon around 3:00 and played the mental game of 'go for 6, try and get 8 but boy 10 would be cool!' So at mile 5, I realized I felt really good (nice to be back outside!) and decided to push for 8. At mile 8, I thought "well, you've run 8, it'd be a shame to not get 9 in" so I altered my route a bit and to get up to 9. At mile 8.5, I got to that crucial corner where taking a left would bring me home but going straight for a bit then turning around and heading back would bump me up to 10. Who is going to go left at that point?? Not me! I decided to go straight because the rest of the path at that spot is only a half mile. So I ran that then turned and headed home. Well, I don't know if you know this or not, but if you run a half mile out on an out and back route, you also run a half mile back! I know! Fascinating! I clearly wasn't thinking about that when I was just trying to add a mile to my run (math whiz I am not) and it wasn't until I got home that the big 'ol 'hey stupid' light bulb went on and I realized I not only got my 10 in, but I ran an extra half mile! Hot dog! 10.5 baby! Sweet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! And it sounds like it was a piece of cake to do 10.5 miles. Yeah, something about running and math don't mix. My husband (who is pretty good at math) screwed up his math during his last marathon where he was trying to qualify for Boston. Um, he missed it by 24 seconds. That's some crappy math.
Post a Comment